Matthew J. Higgins – CEO & Owner
Business Growth/Business Turnaround Expert and Business Owner
Matt has successfully led numerous business turnaround and transformation efforts engaging companies across various industries with revenues ranging from several million to several billion dollars. Matt has a unique ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
- Led product development at AKTS that captured nearly all air-cylinder tubing business from rival Reynolds Aluminum. Alcoa went from 5% of total market share to 60% within 10 months.
- Led turn-around of Naito American Corp. Achieved profitability within nine months after company had experienced four (4) consecutive years of losses.
- Led NPD effort with Lexmark Corp. to develop the paper feed system for Lexmark's first color laser printer while in charge of corporate engineering at Floturn, Inc. Managed project timelines and cost within +/- 5% of targets while collaborating with cross-functional entities and personnel in the U.S. and abroad.
- Led improvements to operations and engineering resulting in productivity increases of >30% and quality improvements >66%. This allowed Floturn to achieve 100% supplier status and reduce prices; all while positively impacting the company's financial position.
- Led Victory Industrial Products back to profitability during the Great Recession.
- Increased sales effectiveness every year with Definity Partners: eventually accounting for 70% of all company sales revenue
- Turnaround, Transformation, and Change Management
- Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning
- Operational Excellence and Total Quality Management
- Sales Management/Quotation/Pricing
- Strategic Planning and New Product Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Spanish Language (reading, writing, and improving on speech)
- CEO/Owner, Liberty Breakthrough Results, LLC
- Vice-President, Market Development/Strategic Accounts, Definity Partners, LLC
- COO, Victory Industrial Products, LLC
- Operations & Engineering Manager, Floturn, Inc.
- Site Manager, Naito America Corporation
- Quality Manager, Aloca-Kobe Tube Specialities
- Team Leader, Alcoa-Kobe Tube Specialities
- Electro-Mechanical Technician, Micheline Tire Corporation
- Nuclear Engineering Supervisor, US Navy
"Matt is one of those exceptional individuals that just don't come around very often - a unique combination of in-depth knowledge base regarding all aspects of business management and the capability to pull from his extensive personal experience. "
Chip Lennon, COO, O'Gara Group
"Matt has become someone with whom I have developed great trust and confidence."
David Knowles, CEO/President, Aristech Acrylics
- Railcar Manufacturing
- Railcar Repair
- Nuclear Power
- Metal Fab & Machining
- Plating & Anodizing
- Aluminum Processing
- Electronic Products
- Chemical Processing
- Professional Services
- Tire Manufacturing
- Wholesale Food
- Hydraulic/Air Cylinder
- Banking Equipment
- Military Hardware
- Consumer Products
- Fulfillment Services
- Acrylic & Plastics
- Cust Engineered Products
- BS Human Resources Management - Southern Wesleyan University
- AA Business Management - Northwood University
- Naval Nuclear Power - US Navy
Matt has been married for 32 years to his wife Annette. They have two daughters, Nicole and Kaitlyn, and currently live in Liberty Township, Ohio. He enjoys keeping fit, running, reading, studying, writing and helping at church.